The Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is an open innovation center for the development of bio-based products and processes, founded in 2008 and located in Ghent. In recent years, it has grown to one of the leading pilot plants in Europe and is recognized by the European Commission as a model pilot plant for the key enabling technology Industrial Biotechnology. Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant supports the bio-based economy by development, optimization and scale up of bio-based processes and products, bridging the gap between laboratory research and industrial production. Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant acts as a service provider for companies that want to optimize their processes, scale up their innovation or produce first-series compounds. Our customers base includes companies from Europe, USA and Asia.
To expand our team, we are looking for:
An engineer or biotechnologist with a strong background in downstream processing.
- degree in bio-engineering (chemistry, biotechnology, chemical technology or related)
- practical experience in separation technologies is a must
- experience in working in an ATEX environment is an asset
- at least 3 years of relevant industrial experience
- relevant experience with a selection of the following processes: membrane filtration, ion exchange, chromatography, solvent extraction, distillation, crystallization, drying processes (spraydraying, lyophilization..), press or rotary filters, centrifugation, decantation, flocculation, etc.
We offer a dynamic, international and young working environment with excellent perspectives for the future. You are based at the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, situated in the port of Ghent in Belgium.
A suitable candidate can start immediately.
If you feel up to the challenge, please send your CV with photograph asap to: Sofia Vindevogel, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, Rodenhuizekaai 1, 9042 Gent, Belgium. E-mail: email@example.com