Business Development Manager
The Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is an open innovation pilot facility for the development of bio-based products and processes. With its 70 employees, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant assists companies to bring their innovations from lab to industrial scale. These innovations are typically based on fermentation, biocatalysis and green chemistry, while markets focus on building block chemicals, food and feed ingredients, nutraceuticals, flavors, fragrances, enzymes, plant protections agents and many more.
The growth of Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant in the recent years has pushed the need to expand the business development team with an extra business development manager.
- You have a strong technical background in bio-based chemistry or industrial biotechnology and a PhD in this or related area
- Experience in business development is a plus
- You have affinity and experience with research and development projects for bio-based products and processes
- You have strong communication skills and are keen to collaborate with the technical staff of the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
- You have an internationally oriented profile and communicate fluently in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French or German are an asset.
- You are very well organised
- Prospecting of new customers by attendance at conferences and exhibitions
- Follow up on leads by matching customer requirements with the capabilities of the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
- Project management of new contracts you initiated
- Strong interaction with the other members of the business development team and the project execution team.
We offer a dynamic, international and young working environment with excellent perspectives for the future. You are based at the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, situated in the port of Ghent in Belgium. Frequent international travelling to meet with customers is an integral part of the job. You come into close contact with all aspects of research
collaborations, including technical expertise, business strategy and contractual matters. As one of our business developers, you play a key role in the success of the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant.
An experienced and suitable candidate can start immediately.