The Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is an open innovation center for the development of bio-based products and processes, founded in 2008 and located in Ghent. In recent years, it has grown to one of the leading pilot plants in Europe and is recognized by the European Commission as a model pilot plant for the key enabling technology Industrial Biotechnology.
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant supports the bio-based economy by development, optimization and scale up of bio-based processes and products, bridging the gap between laboratory research and industrial production.
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant participates in a number of R&D projects, some funded by European and regional agencies, some privately funded by companies we collaborate with.
To expand our team, we are looking for an engineer or biotechnologist with a strong background in downstream processing.
- A degree in bio-engineering (chemistry, biotechnology, chemical technology or related)
- PhD in Biotechnology is a surplus.
- At least 3 years of relevant product and process development experience in industrial environment.
- Relevant experience with a selection of the following processes:
- Filtration and gravimetric techniques
- Extraction technology
- Drying technology
- Desalting technology
- Knowledge of scale up and pilot research is an asset.
We offer a dynamic, international and young working environment with excellent perspectives for the future. You are based at the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, situated in the port of Ghent in Belgium.
A suitable candidate can start immediately.
If you feel up to the challenge, please send your CV with photograph asap to: Sofia Vindevogel or Hendrik Waegeman, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, Rodenhuizekaai 1, 9042 Gent, Belgium, E-mail: email@example.com