The Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is an open innovation pilot facility for the development of bio-based products and processes. With its 70 employees, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant assists companies to bring their innovations from lab to industrial scale. These innovations are typically based on fermentation, biocatalysis and green chemistry, while markets focus on building block chemicals, food and feed ingredients, nutraceuticals, flavors, fragrances, enzymes, plant protections agents and many more.
The BioBase4SME network advises SMEs from across North-West Europe on how to develop new ideas into marketable products. The project intends to help Start-ups and SME to overcome technological and non-technological barriers to bring their innovation to market. The project offers to SMEs: Professional Training and technical Workshops, Innovation Bio camps and Innovation coupons.
- You are a student of marketing, social science, communication or similar.
- You are confident, working independently and you are a good communicator.
- You have excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- You are well organised and have an analytical way of thinking.
- Gaining awareness about the bio-based economy and the impact to its markets.
- Involvement in a European project.
- Setting up a methodology to evaluate the impact of the project outputs.
- Analysis of evaluation feedback forms from workshops, bio camps and coupons.
- Writing a synthesis report of the findings.
We offer a dynamic, international and young working environment. You are based at the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, situated in the port of Ghent in Belgium. The position is offered for a timeframe of 2-3 month. Remuneration according to the federal government guidelines for intern salaries. The working time per week depends on the student’s availability. The task can be carried out during an internship or as a student assistant.
A suitable student can start immediately.