Privacy Notice Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
About the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
This Privacy Notice provides you with detailed information related to the protection of your personal data by Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant Plant (BBEPP), located at Rodenhuizekaai 1, 9042 Desteldonk, Belgium.
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is responsible for the processing of your personal data in relation to its activities. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you which of your personal data we use, the reasons why we use such data, how long we keep it and how you can exercise your rights.
For any questions regarding your privacy protection, you can contact Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant at email@example.com.
To whom do we address this privacy notice?
This privacy notice concerns the processing of personal data from current and former customers, potential customers, current and former partners in public projects, visitors, current and former suppliers, other stakeholders (representatives of clusters and/or other bio-economy related stakeholder organisations, government and policy makers…) and all other members of the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant network.
Staff members should consult their employment contract for any questions regarding the processing of their personal data.
A privacy notice for job applicants can be obtained by clicking here.
Which information do we collect and process?
We collect and use your personal data because you either make use of our services or/and because you provided us with your personal data.
We may collect personal data about you in a variety of ways, including:
- When you engage with us or access or subscribe to any of BBEPP’s services;
- When you access this website, including if you make an enquiry or sign up to receive a newsletter;
- When you engage with us as a potential customer or supplier or use any of the services offered by our organisation;
- When you attend a workshop or other event provided by us or in which we are involved;
- When you share your details with our staff, or connect with BBEPP or our staff on any social media platform; and
- From public sources.
We may process the following personal data:
- First and last name
- Name of the organisation you are affiliated to
- Address of the organisation you are affiliated to
- Email address
- (Mobile) Phone number
- Web address
- Bank account number
- Dietary requirements
- Other personal data which are actively provided by you via registration forms, contact forms, questionnaires and/or evaluation forms on our websites, by correspondence or by phone.
Which are the purposes for processing the personal data?
BBEPP and its employees, consultants and subcontractors may use your personal data and disclose it on a confidential basis to third parties for the following purposes:
- To send you publications, news and/or information about our people, services, projects, news or events
- To provide services to you or the organisation you work for
- For disclosure to third party advisors working for us or you on the same matter
- To send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you or matters which we are working on for or with you or your organisation
- For the purpose of partnership or other engagement
- In connection with any tender or other service commissioned by BBEPP
- To provide you with access to information and materials
- To administer this website and monitor and audit usage
- To help us improve our website, services and communications to you
- To issue invoices and reminder notices, to raise queries in relation to invoicing and other matters, and to manage accounts, records and collection of payments and debts
- To share information with other third parties who are working with us on services for you
- For fraud prevention and anti-bribery purposes and/or generally for the prevention or detection of crime
- To ensure the safety and security of our people and premises (where we may also use CCTV and record access to our buildings) which may include disclosure to relevant third parties
- To process your requests of, and applications to, us
- To verify eligibility for project funding
- For disclosures to our funders and auditors and otherwise demonstrating the impact of our organisation’s receipt of public funding
- For disclosures to or our own legal and other professional advisors and insurers
- Providing you with further information about our products and services
- Where you have given written consent to such use or disclosure; and
- For any other purpose for which this information was provided to us or for any purpose related or ancillary to any of the above.
What is the legal basis for processing the personal data?
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to do so.
We consider that the processing of personal data as described above is necessary for the legitimate interests of the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant. Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant cannot carry out any of its core activities without using and processing personal data of the members of its network. To set up partnerships and bilateral and/or public projects, we need to be able to contact the members of our network, to communicate with them and to exchange information with them. Furthermore, we need to organise these personal data in a structured way so that we can easily find back the personal data necessary to carry out our core activities.
In deciding this:
- We understand our responsibility to protect your individual interests;
- We only use your personal data in ways you would reasonably expect (described above);
- We are not using personal data in ways you would find intrusive or which could cause you harm; and
- We have considered safeguards to reduce the impact where possible.
We will also process your personal data where it is necessary to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, or where we need to do so in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
You may at any time request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes by emailing us as set out further below.
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant will not sell, lease or license your personal data to any third parties. Your personal data will solely be shared with third parties if necessary in the framework of a contract we are performing for and/or with you or to comply with a legal obligation. To guarantee the same level of security and confidentiality, we conclude processor agreements with any of the organisations that we may have commissioned to process your personal data. In these cases, BBEPP remains responsible for the processing operations.
Protection of personal data
Under data protection legislation we have a legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you. We take data protection seriously and safeguarding your personal information is important to us. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by you to us.
BBEPP put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. These measures provide a level of security that matches the data that Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant processes.
If you have the impression that your data are not properly secured or if there are any indications of misuse, or if you would like more information about the security of personal data collected by us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that despite all reasonable efforts we conduct to safeguard your personal data, we cannot guarantee full protection.
How long will the data be stored for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The legal minimum is in most case seven years. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When you visit our website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns (i.e. number of visitors to the various parts of the site, IP). This information is only processed in an aggregate way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
BBEPP uses LinkedIn and Twitter as social media. These social media channels use code language to place cookies via the website. Through these cookies, the social media channels can collect information. Please, read the privacy statements of Twitter and LinkedIn to know what they are doing with the collected information.
A cookie is a small text file that is transmitted with certain websites and is stored, by your browser, on the hard drive of your computer (or any other device you use to visit the website). Cookies ensure that the website works properly and remembers, for example, your preferences.
You can opt out cookies from all websites by setting up your internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari). In addition, you can delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser. If you disable these cookies in your browser, you will no longer be able to use all functionalities and embedded content can no longer be displayed. It can therefore happen that the perception of the websites is disappointing.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
- To access: you can obtain a copy of your personal data and information relating to the processing of your personal data
- To rectify: where you consider that your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you can require that such personal data be modified accordingly.
- To erase: you can require the deletion of your personal data.
- To restrict: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- To object: you can object to the processing of your personal data. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling related to such direct marketing.
Furthermore, the data subject has the right to receive the personal data that BBEPP possesses concerning him or her, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. The data subject has the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance.
You can exercise the rights listed above by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you do not wish to receive emails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please email us at the address given above with “email unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. In Belgium this supervisory authority is the ‘gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit’ (www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be).