Biovoices WORKSHOP @ BBEPP: Bio-economy Research2Market: Crossing the valley of death hand-in-hand with a pilot plant
April 23 @ 10:00 - 16:00 CEST
Aim of the Workshop:
The main objective of the workshop is the identification of needs and actions to fill existing gaps in the bio-based products development from laboratories to market. In general, SMEs and start-ups working in the development of promising bio-based solutions or processes need to establish partnerships to reach successfully the market. Testing activities in operational environment, demonstration at large scale, compliance with existing standards and regulations, consumers’ acceptability, financial resources for the product industrialisation are some of the issues that companies have to face in the scaling-up stage. BBEU Pilot Plant has developed good practices to help companies in crossing the “valley of the death”, and can also help them in establishing partnerships, networking with various stakeholders, etc.
- Civil society/consumers
- Public administration/Policy Makers
Thanks to the active participation of the audience, involved both in the roundtable through interactive tools and in the following MML workshop, the event will co-create and generate ideas to improve the bio-based products marketability. Recommendations collected will be part of the policy brief that will be presented to the European Commission and the European Parliament by the end of the project (December 2020). Finally, participants will have the occasion to concretely understand the opportunities that a pilot plant can offer thanks to the site visite of the BBEU Pilot Plant.
The speakers are representing the quadruple helix stakeholders and will address the topic from their different perspectives presenting best practices and highlighting existing challenges and barriers.
|10.00 – 10.15||Welcome coffee and registration|
|10.15 – 10.30||Introduction by Biovoices and BBEPP
General framework, objectives of the day, expected outcome
Katrien Molders, Communication Manager, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
Chiara Pocaterra, Biovoices project coordinator
|10.30 – 11.45||Interactive Roundtable with the help of an interactive tool
Moderator: Chiara Pocaterra, Biovoices
– Hendrik Waegeman, Business Operations Manager, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
– Guillaume Wégria, Fyteko, SME
– Dries Maes, Department for Economy, Science and Innovation of the Flanders Region
– Ludwig Goris or Daniela Arruda Costa, Capricorn Sustainable Chemistry Fund
– Minique Vrins, NEN-CEN/CENELEC (tbc)
– Test-Aankoop, representative tbc
|11.45 -13.00||Mobilization and Mutual Learning
– Identification of specific issues to scale-up bio-based products
– Identify possible partnerships at regional level to enhance the innovation ecosystem
– Identify actions to improve regulations before the market entry of the product
– Consumers’ acceptance and concerns on bio-based products
– Find investors
– Barriers and strategies to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders
|13.00 – 14.00||Networking lunch|
|14.00 – 15.45||Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant Study Visit
BBEPP is glad to guide participants within the infrastructure, explaining daily activities, showing process halls and equipment and presenting case studies of scale-up processes carried out.
|15.45 – 16.00||Conclusions of the day|
More information and Registration