- This event has passed.
SuperBio Workshop @ BBEPP: Biosurfactants, a biobased ingredient with great potential in a wide variety of products
April 3 @ 09:00 - 17:00
Biosurfactants have the potential to be used in a wide variety of applications. Drivers to use biosurfactants are to increase the biobased content of the end-product, to replace current substances which are to be banned from market, or their beneficial activity in the end application.
Participants from companies active in surfactant production, agrochemicals, cleaning and cleaning products, or interested in using biosurfactants.
Organizer: Flanders BioBased Valley
12:00 – 14:30: Supporting innovation in the bio-based economy
- Introduction to SuperBio by Stefan Ruyters, Project Coordinator (FBBV)
- SuperBio innovation services for SMEs
- B2B meetings with SuperBio partners
14:15 – 14:30: Coffee Break
14:30 – 15:00: FBBV Welcome
15:00 – 17:00: Biosurfactants
- Introduction to biosurfactants by Sophie Roelants (Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant/University of Gent)
- Aromatic biobased surfactants by Tom Claessen – Cardolite (Belgium)
- Biosurfactants in cleaners by tbc
- Biosurfactants in agrochemicals by Christophe Clement – Université de Reims (France)
- Biosurfactants in industrial applications by tbc
17:00 – … Closing and Networking reception