A NETWORK OF BIOECONOMY OPEN ACCESS PILOT AND MULTIPURPOSE DEMO FACILITIES
Pilots4U aims to set up one very visible, easily accessible network of open access pilot and multipurpose demo-infrastructures for the European bio-economy by means of an open DATABASE. Since pilot- and demo equipment is very expensive and requires specific expertise, open access infrastructures are the most cost-effective manner to support the deployment of industry-driven innovations in the market.
To assure that the network meets the needs of the European bio-economy industry (SMEs, start-ups, Large enterprises), current European pilot and demo-capabilities are compared with the needs of the European biobased industry. These will be gathered through a SURVEY. Up to six business cases of investments in additional equipment, facilities or capabilities will be evaluated, and the first steps will be taken to attract financing. Different cooperation schemes for the open access pilot- and demo-network will be considered.
The project consortium has all the required players to succeed: Six partners are coordinating bio-economy pilot or multipurpose demo-infrastructure networks, and therefore assure the involvement of over 40 infrastructures:
- Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant (coordinator of SmartPilots)
- VTT (coordinator of ERIFORE)
- Royal Institute of Technology KTH (coordinator of BRISK)
- Swansea University (coordinator of EnAlgae)
- Ghent University (coordinator of Biorefine Cluster Europe)
- NNFCC (as secretary of the BioPilotsUK initiative)
The cluster organisation CLIC Innovation is representing industry that is contributing in cash to the project.
The Europan Regions, Research and Innovation Network with 150 member regions will attract interested European stakeholders (infraststructure owners and users) to get involved in the project, and NNFCC, the bio-economy consultant, is a professional, independent consultant who will lead the study.
ACTIVITIES of Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
Pilots4U will be coordinated by Bio Base Europe Pilot plant.
DOWNLOADS and ACTIONS:
- Enter your assets into the database and become part of the Pilots4U network
- Search the database to find the pilot or demonstration infrastructure you are looking for
- SURVEY: Have you brought, or are you looking to bring a bio-based, biorefinery or biotechnology innovation process towards commercialisation? We need your input to improve equipment and service provision in this important area.
- WORKSHOPS: The PilotU projects regularly organises workshop. Use this link to stay tuned!
Pilots4U is a project funded by the European Commission. It has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation program under Grant Agreement n°745667.