The Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is a flexible and diversified pilot plant for biobased products and processes, operating at kg to multi ton scale and offering support for:
- Concept design
- Fermentation optimization
- Downstream process (DSP) development and optimization
- Bench-top feasibility trials
- Feasibility and optimization trials in scaleable equipment
- Equipment available at different scales: bench-top, 100 kg, ton and multi ton scale
- First series compounds for application trials
- Demonstration of technology at large scale
- Generation of pilot data incl. mass- and energy balances
- Production of bulk bio-products up to multi ton scale
- 24/7 operations
- Quality control
- Food grade production
- ISO9001 and FSSC22000
- Access to larger scale (>100m³)
From research to product, the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant can assist you in different phases of the innovation chain.
The pilot or demonstration phase, during which a lab scale process is translated into an industrial process, can be expensive, risky and time consuming. Scale-up work is a challenge for many companies because of the cost, capital equipment and expertise needed, while there are no guarantees for successful commercialization at that stage. Early collaboration with experienced personnel in a flexible (shared) facility with a wide range of pilot equipment can substantially reduce costs, risks and development time and reinforces the chance to successful market entry.
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant offers a wide range of modular unit operations at lab and pilot scale operated by highly trained and experienced engineers and process operators. As such, a collaborating with BBEPP for your innovative product or process can substantially speed up your innovation and lower the financial risk.
To find out more about our services, please click on (one of) the following items: