Access for manufacturing SMEs on technology services for clean production through a network of premier KET Technology Centres
The project will foster the use of advanced manufacturing technologies and related key KETs by SMEs to upgrade their production processes towards resource- and energy efficiency and sustainability.
To address this challenge, KET4CleanProduction aims to create an open innovation ecosystem with a one-stop-shop (via an online platform) for a Pan-European and cross-border access to innovation services for SME through a network of superior KET Technology Centres in clean production.
KET4CleanProduction will ensure access of manufacturing SMEs to technology services and facilities situated in other European member states and enable cross-border cooperation. Finally, the project will call for discourse with policymakers on RIS3 and the potential of interregional collaboration to cover specific SME needs for clean production technologies reducing the existing KET TC disparities across Europe.
The project objectives will be achieved by
- reaching out to manufacturing SME all over EU-28 with the support of the Enterprise Europe Network
- raising their awareness on the potential of clean production innovation for increased product quality, productivity and environmental performance,
- facilitating SMEs connectivity to KET TC into joint project proposals for micro-grants.
After a pilot phase with a number of SME innovation projects supported by micro-grants, the plan is to scale up the network adding more KET TCs and members of the Enterprise Europe Network. The final aim by 2020 is to create a sustainable platform facilitating SMEs’ clean resource- and energy efficiency production and strengthening their competitiveness.
KET4CleanProduction is a three-year project funded under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. Steinbeis 2i GmbH is coordinating the project in partnership with 13-premier KET TCs and 7 partners of the Enterprise Europe Network from 18 different European countries.
Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
ACTIVITIES of the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
- Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant (BBEPP) will be involved in this project as a Technology Centre for the Key Enabling Technology (KET) Industrial Biotechnology through the micro-grant system.
- BBEPP is task leader for implementing the KET facilitators process for technology request to support SMEs in creating innovation projects.
- As a work package leader for “Open calls for micro-grants services”, BBEPP installs and implements the Green Micro-Grant system as a catalyst for the integration of clean production in manufacturing.
- At EU wide smart specialisation events, BBEPP will liaise with other European, national and regional public stakeholders active in manufacturing and KET support for the industry.
KET Technology Centres (13):
- LEITAT Technology Centre, ES
- University of Warwick, UK
- RISE ACREO AB, SE
- Hahn-Schickard-Gesellschaft für Angewandte ForschungE.v. – BioLAGO, DE
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH, AT
- University College Cork / National University of Irelan / Tyndall National Institute, IE
- International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory, ES
- VTT, FI
- Commissariat à l’Énergie atomique et aux Énergies alternatives – CEA, FR
- Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, BE
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Angewandten Forschung E.V., DE
- Bay, HU
- Jožef Stefan Institute, SI
Partners of the Enterprise Europe Network (7):
- Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum (SEZ) / Steinbeis 2I GMBH (DE) – Coordinator
- GIS Transfer Center Foundation, BU
- Latvian Technological Center (LTC), LV
- Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas, GR
- Vaeksthus Hovedstadregionen, DK
- Slovak Business Agency, SK
- TERA Tehnopolis doo za promicanje novih tehnologija inovacija i poduzetnistva, HR
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement nr. 777441.